Children (Aged 3-7) Imagine. Create. Play!
A rich experiential thematic based learning that facilitates holistic social-emotional development of your child. We provide a positive, happy and inspiring learning environment. Children discover who they are and become a resilient lifelong learner.
1 Month, 3 Months, 6 Months
HOW MANY PROJECTS ARE THERE IN EACH BOX?
- For Subscription Box: Each box has 3 Art Projects and is supported with Video tutorials. Children will have fun learning Emotional Intelligence techniques whilst exploring new art mediums and accessories with easy-to-follow instruction to help them make it on their own. Discover a new feeling in every box with a video tutorial. Children will collect badges for each feelings discovered and do one activity; such as calm down bottle, scented notes, imessage jigsaw
- For Single Project: Each box has 1 Art Project and is supported with Video tutorials. Children will have fun learning Emotional Intelligence techniques whilst exploring new art mediums and accessories with easy-to-follow instruction to help them make it on their own.
HOW MUCH TIME DOES EACH PROJECT TAKE TO COMPLETE?
The time needed to complete the craft can vary for each project and each child. The recommended time to complete each craft is 2 hours.
ARE ALL REQUIRED MATERIALS PROVIDED IN THE BOX?
Yes, except for common materials such as stationery (pencils and erasers) and paint brushes. It will be listed in the Art Instructional Flyer (Supplies Needed at Home).
We strongly suggest that you get the Brainbow Starter Kit as it is a One-Stop Kit that equips you with all the supplies needed to start creating Arts & Crafts with our Brainbow Box!
HOW DOES BRAINBOX TEACH EQ VIA ART AND CRAFT?
Art and creation can be a wonderful therapeutic experience for a child developing their emotional intelligence and emotional regulation skills.
In every project, we will first introduce a child friendly topic that contains EQ components and skills, and an Art & Craft Project later on that aligns and connects with what they have learned earlier.
Our Storytelling is done by our ISEI qualified coach Denee. We engage children via role play and narrative storytelling.
An example: The chosen topic of the day would be “Good Character”. The Brainbow Box will then have a theme that resonates with the topic. Using “Ocean” as our theme, we combine both “Good Character” and “Ocean”, hence the objective of our box: “Dive Into Your Character”.
What is Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and why is it so important? Why should we teach our children emotional intelligence?
Research has shown that “students with higher emotional intelligence are better prepared in managing their emotional lives, and because of that, they can focus, learn and do their best in school.” (Yale Centre for Emotional Intelligence). We should never underestimate the way our children understand the world from a very young age. Their brains grow at such a rapid rate, constantly noticing, reacting and adapting to their environment based on their emotional experiences.
After understanding all these, it then poses a question. So, why do we put so much emphasis on teaching our children multiple academic subjects and day to day activities – and we neglect giving them emotional education that can dramatically improve the quality of their lives?
- When you teach kids emotional intelligence, you are teaching them how to recognise their feelings, understand where they come from, and making them learn how to deal with such.
- You are ultimately teaching them the most essential skill for success in life.
- Emotions matter for all of us, and most especially for children. How we feel affects our learning, the decisions we make, how we treat others and our own personal well-being.
- Children who learn how to do this have better results in school, an increased attention span, and reduced anxiety and depression. Helping our children develop their own emotional intelligence massively contributes to their individual success and well-being.
More info https://brainbow-kids.com/faq/